Monday, July 13, 2009

A week of Hedonism

I am all about sacrifice and reward. Gearing up for a March stage race then getting back and doing the same for a June stage race required a lot of focus and commitment. One of the things that kept me on track was the idea that I would take a week off after BCBR and do NOTHING.

Well that is what I did. I taught core on Monday and practiced team time trial skills with Jay and Alana on Tuesday. That was it. I was working hard on the reno but stopped for tea and a nap some days.

We went to our friends Holly and Colin's wedding on Saturday and drank a little and stayed up long enough to have last call at the Drake in Canmore. I rode the single speed on the Highline trail on Sunday with Alana, Ryan, Fazian, and Matt. Things felt great, but I should think so after that much time off and all the calories I consumed, lots of ice cream.

There was the reward. I am glad I did it. I feel good and the energy is back. The heart rate responds the was it should and I want to ride my bike again. I will be trying to get my training in by going to the crits and riding the single speed. It is time ot have some fun with my fitness level and focus back in for Provincials at the end of August. But for now....Lets's ride for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment