Monday, July 20, 2009

Training Partners

After my week off boy did it hurt to get back on the bike and train again. It started Tuesday night at Edworthy hill with my team. We did 6 x 2 min all out efforts. Man was I in trouble. We made it to 3 before someone asked how many we were doing. I could have easily said 4 but as the Coach I had to get in the workout.

That is the best thing about a team or training partners. Once you say it you have to do it. 6 is was. Not a pretty sight to see a bunch of people gasping and wheezing "sprinting" for the orange gate of Hell/Heaven. I don't know which one to call it because it is hell to get to but heavenly because you get to stop at it. We do a staggered start on the hill so that we are all close to each other at the top. It makes for some interest "sprint" finishes.

I fins I push myself when I workout with others. This is not a new thing for anyone I am sure. It has actually been a limiter for me. I like working out on my own and with my schedule find it easier to just go when I can/want. Working out with others brings out the competitor in me and I will push beyond what I think I am capable. I normally push thru these boundaries in races but it is far more beneficial to be doing it in workouts as i get in so many tries in a week. This is new to me this year. I have sat in my basement and done Ed and Cochrane hill by myself for years. This year is a true effort to get out and hammer. Doing hills with Mical, my BCBR partner, early in the year showed that I could go beyond.

So thanks to everyone who comes out and jams with me. I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment