Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mical and Jeff take on the TR

Yep, we are throwing our helmets into the TransRockies Ring.

I have convinced Mical to joining me for another 7 day stage race. We had been talking about doing it next year but we feel this is the year as all things are lining up for us.



We agree the goals will be the same and it will be more great training.

I am excited and leery at the same time. This will be my third stage race this year and it takes a lot out of you. Physically I have to keep up with all the training. Lucky for me I have a die hard training team. Mentally I have to stay focused on the race and work my life around it. At times I find the latter harder to do then the first. A million thoughts go thru my head each day:

-am I hydrated
-am I rested
-when will I work out
-will I be strong enough
-how tired will I feel
-how will I fit work in
-what if I have this cider

It starts to wear on you after a while. I know that I have a base. My goodness, if I don't believe that then I am really missing something. I will be working on speed over the next months to try to challenge some of my competitors. Lots of guys have speed and a good start I will try to get one as well. It can really set you up for a race or allow you to put some pressure on.

It seems a bit counter intuitive to train speed for a stage race but I don't think there is a doubt that I can ride my bike for endurance.

I know that I will have to rest well for the TR as it will be longer in the saddle the BCBR, but not the Cape. The one thing that I am super giddy about is riding another 7 days with Mical. She is such a great partner and friend to have on the trail. I know we will have some fun and I will be holding on for dear life on the fast descents.

My reward after this race?? 5 days at the cottage in Manitoba!!!! No bike, just a lounge chair and my nieces and nephew, and in-laws.




My neice Raelyn and I at the cottage.

1 comment:

  1. Super Duper Pooper (hopefully not this year) excited :)

    ReplyDelete