Sunday, July 29, 2012

TR3 Day 2-More of the good stuff

Start line 14C, perfect. So with the "peleton" all sorted we rolled out for a nice mix of TR of old and new.

Out of town turn left Power Line Climb. At least it sorted the crowd. Had Ian in the sights, thought of making a move cause I was feeling okay. Glad i didn't, soon I was breathing out my ears.

I know we all have our opinions on climbs. We all think we would like them a little shorter, a little less steep, less rooty, a little less exposed. Yep, if you got your wish you be a triathlete. ( owwww big dig, i will hear form Luke and Cal on that one) Again, were do they sit. Well the first and biggest climb was at the start when we had at least some energy. The rest of the day I found to be manageable.

On the low angle climbs I feel like this:
But more likely look like this:

Could have been the new Acai Pomegranate Honey Stingers, or the residual giddiness from BrokeBack but I truly did feel Hedonistic on Hedonism. There comes a time in each day of racing when I know exactly where i am and how far I have to go. Coming down Hedonism I realized I was going to make it and was feeling good. That was my day, I just got comfortable being uncomfortable and rode. Big Smile, fast descents, Peter from Balanced point as a rabbit that flicked in and out of view.

Thoughts go out to victims of some serious crashes today. Evan, Felix and Devon heal well, heal fast.

21 seconds separated 1st from 2nd in the 80+ men. Unfortunately, Devon crashed hard and was unable to finish. Pat and Craig take first, who knows how it would have turned out but man that would have been exciting to watch. Pat and Craig will have to ride hard to keep 1st.

Alana and Nic had a good ride. They are having fun and there is fast in fun.

Looks like the weather is going to hold. Of all years it is perfect. In 2003 it was 30-32C and we rode the exposed power line and avoided wild fires, not kidding. 2009 I rained every day but the last into Fernie.

TransRockies 2005 Hydro Therapy:





Worth the Pain!!!! Thanks for the first hit Evan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment