Monday, November 8, 2010

Cross is Fun

i have been desperately trying to get in Cross shape. I have been running hill repeats, setting up practice sessions, but there is no substitute for racing. With all the traveling I went into my first Cross race, The BK Memorial, then our own Beans and Barley. This last weekend was the Cross Madness in Red Deer. First race bad, Second race better, last race 4th!!!!

Here's how you get fourth in open Men:
-Sneak into Open Men category by being Elite MTB.
-work really hard to try to peak in 3 weeks
-what until National CX weekend and race local
-go to start line with 4 other guys
-finish

This is my best cross finish ever!!!!! Too bad the season is over as I am feeling like i could start to be more competitive in 2 more weeks. Ah but it is time for classes and base training.

Huffing and Puffing up the Stairs




The Kid Airborne




Cesar making his Move

No comments:

Post a Comment