Tuesday, November 30, 2010

X Training Season

Even though cycling classes have started and I am in the regime of working out I am looking forward to getting some true Cross Training in. I have spent several years slowly getting my Alpine Touring gear together and got my first day last Saturday. Marty, and Marc played tour guide for Rob B. and I on the Healy Pass trail. This was a fun, no drop, go eat lunch day that proved to be just that and awesome.


Starting out in the Sunshine Parking lot. Ready to go. i made a rookie mistake and had my boots done up tight to avoid heel rub only to find out that causes really sore calves. Within 20 minutes it felt like 2 warring tribes of wood nymphs were have a bonfire contest in my boots. I told Marc this to a "ohhhh, ya loosen those up". Still the damage was done and I would spend the day and even up to 4 days later with sore abused calves. They work fine as long as they are moving but when I get up after sitting I sometimes fall over.

We made it up to one of the small frozen lakes and had lunch. It was the first day out for all but Marc so we turned around while we were still having fun. We had a quest join us for lunch, can you spot him??





Can't wait to get out again this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment