Friday, August 31, 2012

It's on like, Donkey kong!!

So It's a go. i signed up for the Xterra and swam in Quarry lake this morning. Lucky for me I met a great guy form Ontario named Gary Swayze. I don't know if I would have been so brave if he wasn't going for a lap as well.

The water was surprisingly nice! I know! for a mountain lake i could still feel my hands when I came out. Jay, Dee, and Zee came down to watch and probably to life guard my newly found activity. Greg has lent me his NASA wetsuit and it basically swims itselfs. I just have to hold my breath when it turns my face in the water.

Dee grabbed her bike and joined us for a lap of the course. Oh what fun. It is a little dis-heartening knowing you are by-passing some of the sweet single track but one must remember that this is not a MTB race but a off road tri. The course is laid out well and has some classics and some fun new stuff. Lots of places to eat and drink. Way different then Ed's Single track enduros, where your head involuntarily moves side to side and up and down for days.

Semi-comfortable swim-Check
Pre-Ride-Check
Run- we will have to wait and see???????

Wish me luck and i hope i survive the washing machine start.

No comments:

Post a Comment