Saturday, March 21, 2009

Travel, rest Travel, prepare, ride

I will have to give you a short version of what has been going on. I have been saving all my blog posts on my computer and it now has dementia and cannot remember how to connect ot the internet.
The travels were good not surprises and we got to stay at our friends Bruce and jen's house in Dubai. Coconut, fig, banana, avocado trees. Nice!
Did a pre-ride of the prologue and it was good to stretch out the legs ofter so much down time. Loose gravel on hard pack for the downhills. Sketchy!!!!!
Greg and I decided to run a smooth and well paced Prologue and that is just what we did. Smooth accelerations constant pace from start to finish. Greg is flying on the downhills with his 29er I have to be off the breaks all the time to keep up.
We are VERY happy with our placing 67th overall. The list of goals-have fun, ride hard, top 100 and the dream of top 60. So close but we still plan on riding a smrt race.
Legs feel good and as soon as we get to the tent village all the logistics settle down. We all are herding cats to get things done each day. It is just the reality of trying to keep 13 people on track. Each person steps up and keeps everyone in line. It is nice sometimes just to be told what to do. 7am start with a 5am wakeup. It won't matter as we all are in a different time zone anyway.
Scenery is spectacular, people are great and life is good.
I will try ot post some pics and reports but I am unsure of the internet situation. You may have to wait to hear the real story behind the times.
Cheers,
Jeff

1 comment: