Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cross Practice

5 degress, wet, overcast, Fall.......The perfect time for Cross riding.

5 of us got together last night to practice racing. A short 4 min loop with corners, hills, sand pit, and cardboard barriers. Off the start I had the lead but I only think so because I made the course and everyone one wanted to see where I went. By Lap 2 Steve, pulled around after the sand pit and up the hill, Alana crashed into the cardboard barriers while battling Carlos. Lap 3 saw Katy and I chase Steve and into the last lap Katy put 2 bike lengths into me in the sandpit and had it in the bag until she slipped on the uphill run. Alana made a come back but could not reel Carlos in.

We were going for a few easy ones until Steve yelled "hot lap" and it was on again for 1. I laid everything i had into the flat parts and barely made it across the line. Plasma lung from start to finish. Now that's racing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment