Sunday, April 11, 2010

CFC Revisited

The post is three weeks old but has to be done in order to get you up to date.

After relentless prodding by Alana to go riding with the Calgary Fast Cats, I found myself at Cadence Cafe for the Saturday DeadGoat ride. Craig, Gabor, Ed, Jerry, We started out and the plan was to head south of the city and hit up some of the coffee shops.

I grossly over estimated my ability at this time of year and seem to have overlooked the small, wee, little fact that I have not been doing any long ride/exercise for months. I felt my legs right off the first hill to 16. It didn't get better as I thought I would test things out up the COP hill. That was my one and only effort for the day.

Into a vicious head wind that would prove that it could shred my legs more. Out of no where cam Pat Dodge and 50+ increased the pace until we had to let him go. We stopped at Cinnamon spoons and then head south again. Beautiful rides full of leg pain and lack of endurance. Awesome. TO end this comeback day was the the road to Nepal. I had 4 row seats to the show as the boys cranked up the hills.

We rode within 4 mins of my house but i did ride all the way back to Bow Cycle to get my car. Day 1 of my goal to stick with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment