Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CFC part Duhhh

What was I thinking?? I mean really. Who would accept an invitation to go ride last Saturday? It was minus 10 going to minus 14, with howling winds that woudl take it down to minus 25.

Here is what I thought I would look like:










And here is how much fun I thought it would be:








I was standing in my living room, which was a nice 19 degrees, staring out the window thinking okay I can just ride to Cadence cafe and see what happens. Erik said the previous night that we might just go for breakfast. Why does everything sound good when you have one of these in front of you:






I showed. There was no one there. I had a coffee. I waited. I called. They showed. We were going. Shit!!! Ah, really I wasn't that dejected. I was looking forward to this. After last weekends ride to Fish creek with the CFC I knew they could be reseasoned with and that no one was trying to get killed.

We left Cadence and decided to head West to sstart. Straight into the wind. Theory= if wi go into hte wind and get tired we turn around and get pushed home. Just three of us this week. Erik, Craig, and Me. All on SS, the deep snow bike of choice.

Here are the stats
top speed=32 kph
time=3:49:00
distance=41.26 km
elevation=1069m
Ave speed=11.6 kph

11.6 kph??? It was all torque and keeping hte bike upright. When things were going well 18kph. Until I rubbed the side of a tire track and lost balance fought to recover and started at 3 kph again.

We really didn't go to far. Bear's Paw dam. Edworthy hill. Cadence for a good lunch.

It was just plan fun on a bike. I think we could have gone hiking and had just as much fun.

Lesson learned. Go on try it, the worst that could happen is you could have a great breakfast with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment