Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hi Ho to the TR we Go!!

My Mom at the start of the last TransRockies I was in with Evan, 2005.

I am getting picked up today by Mical and her parents Dave and Brenda for our trip to the TR. Dave and Brenda did support for Mical last year and are kind enuf to do it again. They are veterans of mtb races so they know what they are doing. I have been lucky to have such great support:

Dave and B from Banff (over 5 times)
My Mom and Dad
My brother and friend Martin
My wife Alana
Jay
Sherri
Little Mikey
Team Terrascape

If you have ever been to an event of any kind they always acknowledge the support and volunteers so thanks to all my support over the years.

I am getting pretty good at packing for a stage race now. It does help when your good friend will be there as a mechanic, your partners parents ride and bake, and your partner is fully self sufficient. Here is the food I will be taking:



We are on the meal plan too so hopefully the food is better than the BCBR. I brought PBJ stuff and porridge just in case though.

It has been a tough week. Peaking is always hard on you mentally. i don't think I get enough endorphins and I start to go a little off. I set 4 new personal bests since last week in all the different energy systems and times. From a 2 hour push to a 2 min push I have bettered myself. Why do I feel so down and crappy???

One thought is the stress of wrapping up life before you go. There are always a million little things to do and you feel the pressure of getting them done. Having just finished the BCBR a month ago there has not really been enough time to get on the proactive side of life.

Combined with the focus ( as mentioned in a previous post) you put a lot of things on hold to go away for a week.

So now that I have been thru this 3 times in one year I can recognise the signs and know the cycle. Even as I sit here and write this I am in a better mood, really looking forword to riding my bike with Mical again.

My race schedule is pretty light for a bit and I will be riding for fun. After a rest period at the Manitoba lake side of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment